Until very recently, I worked for an artisan sweets subscription box company called Treatsie, and as a result I have eaten much, much candy in my short time on this planet. Rising from amongst hundreds of competitors, the chocolatiers and bars below are the absolute best I've had the joy of encountering.
- Izard Chocolate - Mr. Izard is a pal of mine, but this is an unbiased call. He makes exceptional dark chocolate.
- Chocolate Hollow - if you are vegan, look no further. The "Schmilk" vegan milk bars are fabulous and the toffee bar and hazelnut logs are life-changing.
- Alma Chocolate Hazelnut Sea Salt bar - the best candy bar I have ever had, no question.
- Dick Taylor
- Twenty Four Blackbirds
- Ritual Nibs bar*
- Nathan Miller*
- Akinosie coconut bar (I believe it's called "A Beautiful Mess")
- Cocoa Rouge Coffee Bean Bar - whole coffee beans as an inclusion!
- Cacao Preito - fun inclusions and flavors, and super cute packaging.
*I have only had one or two bars from their collection, but what I've had was excellent.